lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Across the Universe

Across the Universe - Beth Revis There were two reasons that I read this book:-Looking forward to read the rest of the series. Heard Shades of Earth was really good!-People were raving about it, and I'm just like, oh..And that's it..There were many things that I liked and didn't like about this book. I liked:-Beth Revis's science-fiction-ness. It's been a while since I'd read a sci-fi. -Her writing. The author just sort of captivates you with her writing and she sort of pours her emotion into it, and we can really tell if it's Amy or Elder that's talking.-The whole general plot. There were a fair amount of twists, and in my opinion, I think they were all very well organized.-Harley. LOL. He was the only character that I actually liked..I disliked:-Amy. She's annoying and her attitude stinks. -Elder. He's clingy and annoying. Just a bit insecure but I don't dislike him for that-- in fact, I appreciate his insecurity because it makes him a bit more realistic than the standard confident, hot, fictional cocky guys..-Their names. WHY AMY AND WHY ELDER JUST---The romance. It was all too fast for me. I don't think that Amy really fell for him as much as Elder fell for her, but....... oh well.That's really just it. I hope the romance develops a little more in the next two books, because I am definitely planning to finish this trilogy sometime soon!