lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Vixen (The Flappers Series #1)

Vixen - Jillian Larkin Okay. I've been giving a lot of 5 stars lately but this deserves MORE than 5 stars.Can I just say that it would be so cool and dangerous to be a flapper?THIS BOOK WAS TOO GOOD. TOO FERKEN GOOD. I swear! Let me take a moment to thank my friend for recommending it to me in the first place, a long, long time ago. I'll say 2 years ago. So why did I take so long to pick it up? Fine, I'm guilty. 2 years ago I would have never picked something like this up. And more importantly, I didn't like to read that much back then. That's right, I was a fob back then, just trying to stop going on the computer so much and trying to find a new hobby (although I still go on the computer lots..just stopped playing those Facebook dressup games). Anyways, back to this book.First of all, let me just say that this cover is completely GORGEOUS. I would say there's something about Clara's (covergirl) pose that's erotic in a way... LOL. My mom just said, 'YOU WANNA BE LIKE DIS GIRL?' And I guess she didn't see the erotic pose that I saw. Anyways, screw the pose. The cover design is completely fab, the title text so swirly and the covergirl like a flawless Barbie doll. Yes. Gorg cover.So, about the plot.. I've always loved Historical Fiction romance because it would be SO fabulous to read about a protagonist who falls in love with a gentleman, not just some cocky sexy beast that we meet so much nowadays in reading contemporary books. If I were to explain this book to someone that didn't read, I would just explain this quite vaguely, something like: There's this girl who falls in love with a black guy, cheating on her fiance.. meanwhile her fiance is cheating on her to have sex with the girl's best friend. And the girl's cousin is just so 'innocent' and she changes a lot, meanwhile falling in love with the girl's best guy friend. So if you ask me, CIRCLES, CIRCLES CIRCLES. It's so ironic in a way that's even funny.The plot is totally wonderful and I think this is the first book that I've read set in the early 1900's, where there are flappers (yay, new vocab word LOL.) and guys that are either gentlemen or rude ass dicks that act like gentlemen. The climax was seriously the cherry on top of this delightful ice cream sundae. The romance is absolutely perfect and errrrrmahgerrrrrd. The book kept me sucked in the whole time and I could NOT put it down. Even if I did find myself in a situation in which I HAD to put it down, I had to pick it up again as soon as possible. People were like WTF LIANA PUT THE BOOK DOWN GOSH and I'm just like UGH GO AWAY I'M IN BOOK LANDYes. I can't wait for the next book. Just let me get the next book already. Wait.. my TBR list is like dying and killing me with it. omg. Brb crying. Well I sure hope I can start Ingenuine soon!