lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Reached (Matched Trilogy Series #3)

Reached (Matched Trilogy Series #3) - So now I finished this. I'm super satisfied. SUPER DUPER SATISFIED. (:Now, for the people who know me and talked books to me before, you all know I'm 100% Team Ky. But me being super satisfied doesn't necessarily mean that Cassia ended up with Ky, and Xander turned into an ugly troll who lived in the mountains and never found someone else.That's not what happened! The author is just wow. Amazing. She would make both teams quite satisfied. You know, the only reason I wanted to read this book was to find out who Cassia was going to end up with, LOL. And I did. When I neared the last 100 pages, I was like, OMG. WHO IS SHE GOING TO END UP WITH. THIS INFORMATION IS STILL NOT EVIDENT. And then, the last 30 pages, I just smiled like a maniac. omg. Even if Crossed was a disappointment, I was still determined to finish the series. Because I was like, "Might as well finish it." Besides, I was super curious.I read Matched and Crossed a long time ago, so I had a few rusty memories of people. But I got by. This is totally worth reading, btw.So, anyways. This book has 3 POVs. Xander, Cassia, and Ky. In that order. When I saw that Xander had a part I was just like, "Are you serious." This book let me understand Xander a bit more though. I liked that. However, all three of them talk the same so I could never understand who was narrating and when. Thank goodness it shows who's talking at the top of every page. But then again, you could sort of tell by what they're doing, who they're talking to, and their surroundings.Cassia seems a lot different from book 1. She seems like she's a lot more mature and responsible. Which leads me to the covers.The covers, although simple, are just gorgeous and tell-tale more than you think. They represent mainly two things:1- The colors of the pills/tablets.2- Cassia's road of realization and rebellion.Book 1, she's sitting in an orb. Trapped. Trapped in the midst of the Society's lies. Book 2. She's trying to break free. She sees the light. Book 3. She's finally free. She's making a difference.It sort of reminds me of Marissa Meyer's Cinder and Veronica Roth's Divergent at the same time. With the plague and everything. I seriously can't talk about the romance without spoilers anymore, so..I honestly saw Indie coming. She was just there with Ky, staring at him with that face, with him calling her beautiful and everything. I wasn't surprised when she kissed him. I was mad when he kissed her back, though. But then, afterwards, he said he felt bad for her. I'm just glad that he stuck to Cassia and didn't drop her after Indie tried to make him fall in love with her. I'm also glad that Xander found someone else. He and Lei are so cute together I can't even. Now he just reminds me of a good version of Gale because he went somewhere far far away. I'm really glad that things went the way I wanted it to, with Cassia and Ky. I'm also really happy for Xander that he didn't fall into the dark and become all forever alone.This book seriously made me cry and stare and glare and scream and curse. In a good way. LOL.Overall, this whole book was great. It made up for all my disappointments in Crossed, answered all my questions, and made me happy. (: That's it!