lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass

Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass - Meg Medina I have to say, isn't that such a fab title? LOL. It's probably the longest title I've ever seen on a book and it's kind of ratchet too but aha no one cares because it's such a good story We talked about this book in Book Club sometime in March when it came out, and I've been motivated to read this book ever since. Despite how the title is somewhat ridiculous, I really have to admit that it was a meaningful title, that probably drew a lot of readers.. including me.Although reading about Latina girls fighting their butts off isn't my favorite sort of genre, I still liked this book. It was authentic and really portrayed a teen's life and how a bully can ruin it. Meg Medina wrote this book pretty well. She added a lot of humor that I probably laughed a lot at.. She also made a variety of interesting characters:Piddy- She was the main character of this story, and an okay one at that. She wasn't exactly likable. She was sort of motivated to change, mainly because of Yaqui. She wasn't doing the things she wanted to do and letting Yaqui stand in her way. That in itself was kind of annoying on its own, and I was really disappointed that Piddy didn't bother to do anything..Lila- Lila, I think, was my favorite character out of all of them. Yeah, she's the cool aunt of this story.. She sympathized with Piddy whenever she needed, and she was the one with most of the hilarious lines..Joey- I don't know what to think about Joey. At first, I thought that he was just another one of those dudes that would leave Piddy disappointed, but hey! What do you know.. I still feel uncomfortable about the chemistry that developed between them, though.... there are more characters that I might just be too lazy to discuss LOLMeg kept me turning the pages with this story of hers, and I hope to read more of her writing.