lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Mystic City

Mystic City - Well, when I read the very first page, I wanted so bad to dislike this book because I just couldn't stand the cliche characters. I felt like it was going to be a cliche story and plot, too, but oh boy, was I wrong. At first, I didn't like the way that Theo Lawrence wrote this, at first, I thought that he was just using a stereotypical 'girl' as his main character. That made me uncomfortable. But hell yeah, does Aria (our main character, btw) have some depth! I still don't really like her though.. The plot is well-organized. Those twists, I just can't.. They were all really creatively planned, I have to say.I liked:-The plot-The cover (So gorg)-The whole general idea with the mystics and everything-The romance..? It was pretty cute.I didn't like:-How easy it was to guess things. I mean, come on, Theo! Let us be shocked and don't go so easy on our foreshadowing skills! So obvious..-How clueless Aria was. Well, maybe that's just me. I don't like her. Then again, I dislike many characters.That ending was such a cliffhanger. I think I want to read the next book. Really bad now.