lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Oath of Servitude (The Punishment Sequence)

Oath of Servitude (The Punishment Sequence) - C.E.  Wilson Ohmygoodness. First of all, before I get into my talking, let me thank the author for sending me a PDF copy via Smashwords.(This did not influence my review in any way..) Let me thank her oh-so-much. Because I LOVED this book SO much I'm actually looking forward to getting book 2. At first, I was getting really tired of ebooks and I was reluctant to start this. However, when I got to Chapter 2, I got sucked in immediately. Chapter 1 might be a bit unappealing to readers but it gets a LOT better after that. The part in which I got interested was when I figured out Cailin wasn't human. I was like, OHYES. Because, you know me. I hate living in the real world. Without books my life would be plain, mundane, and HUMAN. But no. I've lived many lives--- oh wait. I'm digressing. Anyways, yeah. This story sort of reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. Teague is like the beast. He's blind. He was a baseball player, really good at it too. And then he got hit on the side of his head with a baseball, and boom, he lost his sight. The end. He threw away his happiness and became a drunk blind man, ignoring the world. His father, Owen, is worried about him, so he summons Cailin's dad to tell him that he needs his daughter as Teague's company. Owen is allowed to do that because he once saved Cailin's father- that's right, Cailin is a pixi. Yes, without the -e at the end. Pixi. Not pixie. So Cailin is in her Oath of Servitude to Teague, to pay for Owen's kindness towards her father. If that explanation makes sense at all. Anyways, it's just like Beauty and the Beast and I couldn't help but relate.I've gotta tell you that this cover is absolutely fantabulous. Great title, great story, great cover. What else could a reader want?Anyways, it was so good that I got up 5:30AM this morning, ENERGETIC and ecstatic to read this book. Last night, I fell asleep on my ereader on accident because I was so tired. So I woke up this morning to read. After 2 hours, I got 80% into it and I was so reluctant and disappointed that I couldn't take the ereader to school to finish it. And throughout this whole day I was waiting for school to end so I could come back home and continue this story.Yes. That good. Although the romance was a bit awkward-- hey! I don't mind. As long as it's there, I'm a happy girl. But then it depends... Well, anyways, the point is, this book's romance and everything was great. I love it when the characters hate each other at first, and as they get to know each other they become closer.Anyways, I think I'm going to end my review here. It was fabulous.Click here to read my blog review.