lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Unravel Me

Unravel Me - Alas, I finally got my hands on this book. Wow. Just wow. Woooooow. Well, if you haven't read the first book, go ahead and read this review, but I promise that most of it won't make sense at all. SO GO READ THE FIRST BOOK. JUST READ IT. JUST STOP DOING WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING AND FIND THE EBOOK ONLINE OR GO ON AMAZON AND ORDER IT OR RUN TO YOUR NEARBY BOOKSTORE AND JUST DEMAND THAT YOU BUY IT IMMEDIATELY AND CUT THAT LONG LINE OF PEOPLE AND GET TO THE VERY VERY FRONT AND PAY (OR NOT) AND RUN HOME AND READ IT So just read the first book.So, first of all, the novella Destroy Me was really helpful. It let me look into Warner's soul and see that he wasn't such a bad guy after all. You don't have to read it, but it just gives you a sense of anticipation if you do.Even if Warner didn't come in until the middle of the book, I still feel as if he's the most important character in the book (besides Juliette, of course). He has so much depth to him, it's just-- wow. If there's any reason to read this book, it'd be him. He's a character with DEPTH, like I said.Warner basically makes the love triangle interesting. I'm sort of torn now, between Adam and Warner. I opened this book knowing that some people have already converted to Team Warner, and maybe that's influenced my thoughts the whole entire time. But nope, I definitely do NOT hate Warner anymore. Adam is a nice guy, except it's just that he's a reckless shithead sometimes. LOL. They're just both so HOTTTTTI just need to dedicate a paragraph to Kenji. Even though he's not THAT much of an important character, I JUST LOVE KENJI. Best. Character. Ever. In the first book, I thought he was just some annoying perv, but now that I get to know him, he's AWESOME. Ohmygosh.Juliette is a broken soul. There, I had to say it. The months in the asylum broke her, I think. And she's just..Well, I have to say that it was partly because of Tahereh Mafi's writing style. It's just absolutely amazing I can't even. It has a ridiculously AWESOME voice that is a lot like that of Patrick Ness.. I swear, one of the BEST WRITERS EVER. Her writing is what gives Juliette her voice.I don't know if it's a coincidence but this is the third book that I've read in a ROW where the dude is secretly whipped by his abusive father/caretaker. And then the girl just marvels over his scars blah blah blah. It's a little overused. Yep, just had to point that out..I enjoyed this book greatly, but I have to say that the first book was much more interesting, since the plot developed very quickly at great amounts. Usually, the second books of series are just the 'preparing-for-war' books, and yes, Unravel Me was like that. There was tension on every single page and I loved it. But I wish that the plot had developed just a teeny bit more. There were a few twists, though, and those were just shocking. (Pretend I said that in Anderson's voice.)The ending was totally unexpected-- it was sort of a cliffhanger, but then not really. I just can't wait for the next book! I'm eager for the next novella. CAN THE COVER AND TITLE REVEALS HAPPEN ALREADY GOSHThis series has so far been wonderful and I can't wait to see what happens next! Definitely a recommendation!