lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden Series #1)

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden Series #1) - I've been wanting to read this book for quite a while now, actually, and I don't know why I didn't pick it up sooner. Probably because I was just so sick of vampires that I didn't want to even touch another vampire book ever again. Actually, I don't recall the last vampire book I read besides this one..So, the question is, if I hate vampires, why bother reading this book in the first place? I have a two reasons:1) High recommendations from people saying that it's not the same as other vampire books2) THIS IS JULIE KAGAWA WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.Julie Kagawa is actually a very good writer. Her writing is engaging and descriptive-- what else could a reader ask for?I ended up enjoying this book so much more than I thought I would. One of the reasons is the main character, Allison. I don't know--- some people would consider her annoying, but.. She just so happens to remind me of myself. Stubborn, determined, annoying, and FEISTY. I can't emphasize 'feisty' enough. That sort of character would usually be considered annoying to most readers, but I found her really amusing. Other than those traits, I don't think we really share anything else.. she can wield a sword while I can't even wield a knife to cut a cake. And I'm not a ninja vampire lady.. although that would be somewhat awesome.The romance was absolutely perf. At first I got annoyed that Kanin wasn't in the story for more than 150 pages, I think, and I just kept believing that she would fall in love with him instead of freaking Z and I was just waiting for Kanin the whole entire time but no so nevermind LOLThe Immortal Rules was a very enjoyable read and I cannot wait to read the second book.