lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Unraveling

Unraveling - So this is what all the buzz is about. For a long while now, I've been getting.."Have you read Unraveling?""Unraveling is awesome!""It's a great book!"I liked this book lots.At first sight, I would have assumed that this was a dystopian book, but I guess not. I was sort of relieved that the book started out on a beach with normal, contemporary teenage stuff. (Which just means I need to pick up a good contemporary book pretty soon.) But then it started escalating. I liked the whole apocalypse and multiverse thing with the world ending. This might as well be considered a speculation of the supposedly end-of-the-world thing in December 2012. But definitely more interesting.The plot had many twists, which were absolutely amazing. The author writes with this grace (it's a debut novel too!) that keeps the readers on the edges of their seats the whole time. The plot was very well organized.I'll just jump right into character discussions.Janelle- She's a good protagonist. She's been through a bit of character development and I feel like she's become more jaded somehow. She's definitely responsible, and that's definitely what I like most about her.Ben- He's a great guy although I was annoyed about his secrets. But even still, he turned out to be caring and surprisingly honest. He blames himself for things that aren't really his fault. Sweet guy.Alex- The 'guy best friend' of this story, Alex is freaking amazing. Although his persistent denial was somewhat irritating. Jared- I can't help but think of Jeremy from The Vampire Diaries when it comes to Jared. I mean, besides the fact that both their names start with J. They're both the little brothers that go, "I'm responsible and old enough to be part of this dangerous thing you're hurling yourself into" and they just make things sort of worse. I liked Jared, though. That's all I really have to say!