lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

The Madman's Daughter

The Madman's Daughter - It's been a while since I've chosen a book to read all by myself without any recommendation from anyone. And this book was FREAKING AMAZING. I can't contain myself, LOL. It completely deserves the 5 stars and even more if I could give it.I honestly don't know where to start because I can't-My feelings-Ineffable-INEFFABLE-I can't put this into words-This book was too fabulous-omg-so done with life right now-Well, I'm gonna try to spit it out. Ahem. So, the title speaks for itself. The main character is a daughter of a madman that just so happens to be performing vivisection brutally and making wild animals into human-like beings----Okay okay character discussionsJuliet- She was a likable main character, opposing sexism the whole entire time. She seems a bit too stubborn, though, and sometimes really desperate. She's brave but not really brave, and very, very.. brusque. But still a likable protagonist.Edward- You see, when he first came in I just knew that it was going to be a love triangle. Well then. At first, I abhorred him for ruining the perfect relationship between Juliet and Montgomery, but all he really did was make Juliet love Montgomery even more LOL screw him and his monster assMontgomery- He. Is. Hot. omg. When he first got introduced to the story, I got really excited since I knew that the book was about to get even better than it already was. Montgomery is a kind, caring, and composed man. He keeps his secrets and does what he does for the good of others. He's a true gentleman, and it really broke my heart that he let Juliet go at the end.The ending was too much for me to handle. I couldn't even breathe, omg. Like, seriously? THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME, MEGAN SHEPHERD, I CAN'T.Honestly I have to admit that I'm really disappointed there is going to be a sequel. I mean, I'm glad there's more of the story to see and I'm definitely gonna get the next book when it comes out-- but. But, the ending of this book was absolutely perfect and tragic and, even if there is more to write, I feel like a sequel will ruin the perfectly constructed ending of this book. Well, that's my opinion, anyway.Nonetheless, I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book and this is definitely a recommendation that I'm willing to give to anyone.