lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Beautiful Creatures (Beautiful Creatures Series #1)

Beautiful Creatures (Beautiful Creatures Series #1) - Alrighty, so where should I start?I first saw this book when I was in 6th grade, and let me tell you, that's A LONG, LONG, LONG time ago. I wasn't into books that much, and I thought that this book wasn't my type. So I sacrificed the one and only chance I had to buy this. ;_; Which is very unfortunate. Believe it or not, a friend of mine (who is an author herself) let me borrow her copy! And she was like, "It's a signed copy. Lose it and I'll kill you." LOL. Anyways. Enough babbling about random stuff.In the beginning of this book, I thought that it was futuristic/dystopian. But, in the end, it's kind of a Modern Fantasy. There are people with supernatural powers who are called "Casters" living among Mortals in this place called Gatlin. Lena is a Caster, and Ethan is a Mortal. Everyone knows that it's dangerous for a Mortal to be near a Caster, but they end up meeting and falling in love anyway. Ethan is not just any normal Mortal, though. He's different in his own way. He can use Kelting, the mind-communication that Casters use. He's been seeing Lena in the same dream for days, weeks, and possibly even years, which is what attracts him to her when she moves to his school.To be honest, when I was reading this, I didn't even pay attention to how the story was supposed to relate to the title at all, because the story just sucked me in so much, you know, that I didn't even feel like knowing why. Sexy title, sexy cover. Sexy story as well. But then I got to the page that explains the title so much, and I was like, OHH. I would call this a Tragedy. But it's not quite a tragedy. But it still wrenched at my heart. (That's dramatic.) It's sort of like Disney's TANGLED, isn't it? The guy dies, gets alive again. Wrenched at my heart so bad. Anyways, it was a really good book. Avid readers of Fantasy Romance won't be disappointed. I love how the authors mixed and mashed their ideas! It made a really good story. I am looking forward to reading the second book of this series.