lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

The Storyteller's Daughter

The Storyteller's Daughter - Cameron Dokey, Mahlon F. Craft Have I mentioned that I love Cameron Dokey's retellings? SO SO MUCH.So, this one is a retelling of The Arabian Nights. This wasn't as good as the author's other retellings, but it was still good.I haven't read the original story of The Arabian Nights, but I've read another retelling of it in [b:Girls to the Rescue: Happily Ever After, #1|774607|Girls to the Rescue Happily Ever After, #1|Bruce Lansky|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347512675s/774607.jpg|3337313].The narrator-- whoever that may be (It can be Cameron Dokey herself)-- is very conversational and acknowledges the reader. I find that kind of interesting.My absolute favorite thing about Cameron Dokey is that she retells the original story in her own way and adds all these little details to make the whole thing more authentic, and make the characters more authentic as well.This was a short and very interesting read, 78 pages in PDF. I'm excited to read the rest of her retellings!