lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Scarlet

Scarlet - Why was this book so perfectly written. So PERFECTLY WRITTEN. BRB CRYING.I've been waiting for what seemed like an eternity to read this book. A whole entire year or more. This was one of my most anticipated reads of 2013, and when I got my hands on it, I was totally going to cry.Like Cinder, Scarlet has a beautiful and attractive cover. When the cover reveal first came out, I was just fangirling so hard because it was so beautiful and at that moment I swore (we were infinite) that this was definitely going to be about Little Red, while Cinder, of course, was about Cinderella.Usually the second book of a trilogy or series is the 'preparing for battle' book. I guess you can consider Scarlet to be one of those books, based on the huge cliffhanger at the end.I highly recommend that everyone read The Queen's Army, the short story between Book 1 and Book 2, first, before reading Scarlet: Click here. Because that's what I did. And it helped, really. It helped explain some concepts I wasn't familiar with, and in Scarlet, I was able to connect those and be like OMG OH. And I seriously love moments of realization. The Queen's Army will not spoil anything for you, it'll just explain some concepts. When I first read it I had no idea how it connected to SCARLET at all, but when I read Scarlet, I was able to connect and analyze.Character discussions-Cinder- She's the fabulous lady mechanic protagonist that everyone (or at least I hope everyone) loves. She's smart and independent and the last thing she needs is a guy to complete her. I find it really cool how she's a cyborg-- but people just think it's creepy. Huh. The only thing that annoyed me about Cinder was that she can't get over the past. Which was like, 2 weeks ago. But she seriously needs to get over freaking Kai no matter how hot he is and look at Thorne like she seriously needs to look at ThorneScarlet- When I first met her, I was just like, OU SNAP, FEISTY! I imagined her to be so much younger than 18, but I guess she can be a feisty 18 year old.. no matter how bad that sounds. However, later in the story, she got some character development on her, which is a good thing. I don't even think she was aware of her own changing. But she definitely changed. She became more.. jaded from what she saw and what she's been through. Otherwise, I find her a pretty good protagonist.Thorne- I'm serious when I say BEST CHARACTER EVER IN THIS WHOLE ENTIRE BOOK. I love him. He's so arrogant and cocky and so freaking HOT. Why is he so hot. He reminds me of Jace Wayland and NO ONE REMINDS ME OF JACE WAYLAND (except Will. And Thorne.)Hopefully Cinder will open her eyes and see who exactly is the right guy for her.Wolf- I learned about his background reading Queen's Army. I find that he's sort of fobby at some things, LOL. But yeah, he's pretty awesome! Especially tolerant, too.Kai- KAI, CAN YOU PLEASE GO AWAY. I HATE YOU I HATE YOU YOU STUPID IDIOT PRINCE/EMPEROR JUST GO AWAY I HATE YOU SO MUCH WHY ARE YOU SO HOT I HATE YOUIko- Yay! Iko's back! Let's just thank Cinder for being an awesome mechanic. Iko's pretty awesome. That's.. really all I have to say LOL.I seriously love Marissa Meyer's writing style and story line and plot creation omg I just love this idea.Now I have to wait for book 3, CRESS. Are you freaking kidding me I am so going to die. After waiting more or less than one year for Scarlet I have to wait another one for Cress. Marissa Meyer's gonna kill me omg.Overall, this book was GREAT and it was totally worth the wait. Highly recommended!!