lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Angelfire (Dark Angel, #1)

Angelfire (Dark Angel, #1) - Hanna Peach First of all, I would like the author for personally taking the time to email me and introduce me to her book. I thoroughly enjoyed it!Anyways, let's dive right in.I felt like Hanna Peach was trying to mash a lot of concepts together all at once, and I sort of felt confused in the beginning, since it started out literally, from the middle of somewhere. I didn't understand it immediately. However, the good thing is, the author actually explained some things at the end of each chapter, like from a textbook. So, the characters. They're supposed to be angels, which just reminds me of The Mortal Instruments all over again, but, this book just made the angels seem like faeries instead. I mean, angels are supposed to be all angel-y. I don't know how to explain, but yeah. I think they work better off as faeries because everything they do seem so Pixie-Hollow ish I can't help but think of Tinker Bell. They're also categorized by talent. See, they do work off better as faeries.Now, let's concentrate on one specific character. The main character. Alyxandria. Alyx. She seemed so ignorant at times I just wanted to reach into the book and slap some sense into her. But then she's really tough and relentless and she's always like, 'damn everything, I'm gonna get what I want' and she reminds me of Isabelle Lightwood from Cassie Clare's Mortal Instruments series. The author herself said that this book has a lot of similarities with the Mortal Instruments, and yeah, I think I can make a legit analogy:Nephilim is to TMI as Seraphim is to Angelfire.Yep.So, the romance. The romance isn't even that great but I was glad it was there because I LOVE ROMANCE. And it was really good. But it didn't help that the guy had another girl on his mind and they did some really dirty things together and at the end he chooses to remain friends and I'm like WTH SDKFJSKL:DJFSKLDJFSKDJFSKL:DF. I WAS SO FLABBERGASTED I SWEARAnd there's the ending. That ending is so freaking awesome. It totally makes people want to read it!That's all I have to say. Definitely check this out.