lianachau

Bookaholic-ness~

YA book blogger/reviewer. Passionate reader, blogger, and aspiring writer.

Uglies (Uglies Trilogy, Book 1)

Uglies - Scott Westerfeld Goodness. This book has been on my TBR since 5ever. Like, omg. I really wanted to read it, and then I lost my chance. And then I went to my high school's Book Club, and I read this. I read it. And it was freaking amazing.At first, I didn't expect much out of it, since I had a discussion with my bookaholic friend about this book, and she said she didn't really like it. I see why, since I hate all the characters in this book.But, characters don't really mean anything-- maybe their actions do, but the plot is the main point of the story. And oh, I'm telling you. This book has GOOD GOOD GOOD plot. Love it! At first, I thought there would be no romance. I thought, "No romance? The plot had better be good." But it ended up HAVING romance, even if it was quite awkward and forbidden. Who the hell falls in love at first sight. Seriously. I literally finished this last night at 11:40 PM. I stayed up late JUST to finish! LOL. It must be really good then, for me to actually spend that time for it. And YES, 11 IS LATE FOR ME. Oh yeah, and this book is really, and I'm saying, REALLY dystopian. It's not a really good intro to dystopia for new dystopia readers. Because, in dystopian books, you just have to go with the flow. Whatever the author says is right, and when people who are usual readers of modern fiction or something like that, read this book, they are definitely bound to be confused. I think I've been reading too much long books recently. This was 400 something pages and it passed by like ZOOM. It's either fast plot, or what I just mentioned.Anyways, that is it! This should be the next book on your TBR, avid readers of dystopia, if it isn't already!